Great place for OEM parts. Had stuff the dealer didn't. Get schematics for any part your working on.

Thursday, June 7, 2007

Parting Ways

I've decided to sell Betty and keep the Vulcan.

I just received the front brake master cylinder in the mail and once I install it, she's going to a new home.

I rode her around a little back and forth to work once. I decided I like the Vulcan better. Betty still needs a little work and is still a little on the ugly side.
Another major reason I'm selling it is because I never got the title for it, the guy I'm selling it to has gotten bonded titles before and though it's a pain, it's worth it if you really want the vehicle. He wants it more then I do.

I did ride it a little. A total of about 20 miles. ( with no front brake... not for the weak willed.) I felt like a real bad a$$ with the ape hangers and LOUD drag pipes.

I'll be getting a few hundred dollars more then I invested plus another bike in good condition. Part of the sale includes a 77 KZ650. This is reminiscent of the KZ750 I rode in High School. I'd say the Kawi is worth $600 or so.

All in all, it was an excellent experience and though I didn't see the project to 100% of my vision, I had alot of fun and am completely satisfied with the result.

Had I got the title as promised when I bought it, (Shane is a giant douche), things may have been different.

No comments: